Wednesday, March 1, 2017

Simon Says: 'Tag You're It' on the Wednesday Challenge




Hi all and welcome to another week on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge

This week the challenge is

Tag You're It 

Make a tag or add a tag to your creation!
This week we are showcasing Ranger Products this week. You don't have to use them for the challenge but if you have them we would love to see them used.
As always Simon Says Stamp will be giving away $50 voucher to shop at the fabulous Simon Says Stamp Store

I used Watercolor Paper, White Gesso, a selection of Distress Inks Pads and Set 1 Distress Crayons to make a bright spring tag.

I am going to tie this onto a lovely little shrub to give to my Dad for his garden when I get there next week!! I can't wait to see my family and friends, quite a lot has been happening lately and it will be so nice to see them all :-)



I started by painting gesso onto the watercolor paper tag base, I left definite brush strokes in there to give it some texture. Once dry I scribbled Mermaid Lagoon, Peacock Feathers and Twisted Citron crayons over the top and then blended them with a little water and my fingers. 

I stamped the wildflowers in Archival Black and then used a Bubble Stencil and White Embossing paste over the top to add more texture and interest. 


I coloured the butterfly with Spiced Marmalade and Squeezed Lemonade Distress Inks and then stamped some text onto the wings in Archival Grey. 

I really love how this has turned out and had a lot of fun getting inky :-)




So now it's YOUR turn, Happy Crafting 

Do you use Instagram ?  If so please add  #ssswchallenge to your challenge entry uploads so we can see them on there too.





You have until Wed  8am Ohio time. 1pm UK time, 2 pm CET to join in

Challenges
Cardz 4 Guyz.  Tag It
Paper Minutes.   Spring
Tuesday Throwdown.  Things With Wings
Inspiration Destination.   Anything Goes






Hope you all have a great week :-)
Happy Crafting
Luv Lols x x x

15 comments:

Lin said...

Beautiful tag, Lols - love your idea of using 2 shades of grey for the wildflower, and everything looks so pretty against the blue background!

Tracy Freeman said...

It's beautiful Lols and I agree with Lin about the Wildflowers.
Sending hugs xxxx (btw if I don't speak to you have an amazing time)

Dr Sonia S V said...

What a gorgeous tag you have made Lorraine...love the play of colors and the beautiful butterfly.
I am so glad you dropped by asking if I had got your mail
I did and was thrilled to reply back with a big Yes...not sure how it got lost in the virtual world.
My email is soniasv@rediffmail.com .
Cheers
Dr Sonia

Janeen said...

ALols, I had to stop by and tell you how beautiful this time s. Spotted it on the Simon website today and it is just gorgeous. Enjoy your family time.

Mandy said...

Beautiful tag Lols! I love the background you've created and the butterflies are so pretty. Your dad will love this :)
You made me laugh so much about the bin hahaha xxx

SewPaperPaint said...

Your tag is just gorgeous Lols! I adore the colors you've used and layered look. Hugs, Autumn

chrissy xx said...

I LOve your colours and design.
This butterfly looks as though he's just landed!
It always amazes me how much detail can go on a tag..
It really is Beautiful.
Chrissyxx

AO Creations said...

Super cute!!! Thank you for joining us at Cardz 4 Guyz, good luck!!! Amy DT

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

Just love this tag, the colours & details you have added are perfect

Thank you for sharing with us at Inspiration Destination this fortnight, hope to see you again soon
Hugs Shell xx

Anonymous said...

Oh lorraine this is stunning I LOVE it.... I love all different layers of mediums :)
hugs me xx

Svenja said...

Wow, this looks like spring! Thanks for showing your tag on Paperminutes.

Helen said...

Beautiful tag - love the background you've created.

Thanks for joiningus at Cardz 4 Guyz.

Helen x

Maureen Reiss said...

This is really Beautiful!!!

Aileen said...

Hi Lols beautiful tag, looks wonderful. I was just looking at Lins too then I clicked on SSS wednesday and it says ladies/girl and I'm womdering if they have posted wrong or I am looking in the wrong place.

Aileen said...

Ignore my last comment I just realised I was looking at a post from last week, ohh me ohh my sorry.